Lucien Dupont - President P
Lisa Wilken Principal (NV) P
Eric Wall - Vice President P
Joey Elwell - Secretary P
Missy Lathram - Treasurer P
Annette Feldman - Director P
Seth Camhi - Director
Krisha Benevides - Director P
Bridgette Padilla (NV) P
Jennifer Crumrine - PTA President P
Attendees not on chart:
Treasurer’s report was missing a seconded.
Missy made a motion to approve the August minutes with correction.
Treasurer’s report: Missy presenting
11K raised so far.
Not as good as last year. About 1k outstanding.
How do we compare to last year at this time? 16K
44,200$ total raised last year. About 41k after expenses
Joey needs to get his donation in
October 1st, if we raise X amount of dollars we will silly string the principal
Perhaps an opportunity drawing where a few kids get to do it.
August 2018 Checks:
6201 Kelly Pearl 76.40$ go daddy reimbursement
6202 Lucien charges for auction
6203 Lucien, parking signs for winners
6204 Missy – for SOAR flyers
70.66$ in paypal fees
3$ bank charge
Missy motioned to approve checks and bank fee
PTA Update: Jennifer presenting
- PTA is running smoothly
- Jennifer has been taking care of Lucien, so not as available as planned
- Krisha has the Walk to School day covered
- Halloween carnival after that
- Then Red Ribbon week
- Did Julie get the numbers for memberships?
o Would be good to get those numbers to see if anyone gets 100%
Principal’s Report: Lisa presenting
- Innovation/Steam lab
o Going to take a few steps back to create vision of the space (for the district)
o Talked to superintendent of technology to help lead us on solidifying the vision.
o Might be delayed a bit.
o Meeting coming up.
o There is a chance the district would chip in. But too soon to say.
o The school could take some of the space and stuff that is in there and redistribute to other schools.
§ Would need a fiduciary agreement to make it a gift so that they don’t take it.
- Principal needs to ask for money for Bench
o Benchmark curriculum is a sacred time in the morning
o Historically impact has been in the morning
o So right now impact comes in during Benchmark which is an important lesson.
§ In the upper grades they can not be removed from language time without harm to the kid’s learning schedule.
o Requires 1 hour more for one impact position (44$/hour)
§ 1,320$ / year more
- 200$ / teacher grants are due this Friday (non – school day)
- Juliana asked to be on the board. (Paul’s wife)
- Suzy Hartley is the new teacher rep.
o Lisa forgot to invite
Fall Pajama Jam : Lucien to organize
- Lucien hasn’t done anything.
- Lucien to reach out to Annette
- November 30th.
- Put in Connect Ed – save the date
- Cutting back on food, not feeding adults this time
Lucien Adjourned at 6:31 pm
- Joey to fill out board grant and forward any info to Eric & Lucien
- QA with Dailean